Kudos to HP for their continued efforts to improve the Elite x3 handset.
As most Windows 10 Mobile fans will tell you, 3rd party manufacturers do not have a good track record for supporting their handsets once released.
But HP, it seems, is different. As well as announcing some accessories recently (Barcode reader and POS solution) for the handset, todays firmware update (it’s fifth release) is now available and there is even a changelog to go with it !!
Here is what’s new:
- Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.
- Auto focus tuning updates.
- APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone
- Memory utilization is optimized.
- Performance of application launches is improved
- HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported.
Note : If your Elite X3 handset is currently enrolled in the Windows Insider Fast Ring you may not see the update. The fix is to roll back using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT), wait for the new firmware to install and then enrol into the Fast Ring again.